Our Probate Only service:
For obtaining a Grant of Probate only our fees usually start from £650 plus VAT depending upon the amount of work that is required.
For this service, you would need to provide us with all necessary information including the values of all assets that will enable us to complete the Probate Application for the Executors. We will make an application to the Probate Registry for the Grant and send it to you.
There will be additional fees if:-
- you require any advice
- any inheritance tax is payable
- there are any complications with the Will or intestacy that would require any additional paperwork or further clauses to be included in the Statement of Truth that forms part of the probate application.
In addition to the fixed fee there will a Probate Registry court fee payable.
Our full administration service:
Every case is different and we do not offer a fixed fee for fully administering an estate. Our fees charged for the full administration service will depend on the amount of work involved such as the number of beneficiaries, number of assets, whether the estate is taxable and involves claims for agricultural or business relief but will typically start from £1,000.00 plus VAT.
Below is an example of the average charges for administering a straightforward probate.
For obtaining a grant of probate, collecting assets and distributing an average charge would be in the region of £1,750 (plus VAT £350) plus all disbursements.
How the fee would be made up:
|Legal fee||£ 1,750.00|
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below.
- Probate Registry court fee of £273 plus £1.50 per sealed copy of the Grant of Probate
- Bankruptcy search – £2 plus VAT per beneficiary (completed instantly on-line)
- £100.00 (approx) for advertising in The London Gazette. This is to protect against unexpected claims from unknown persons/creditors
- £100 (approx) for advertising in a local newspaper. This is also to protect against unexpected claims.
For the fee shown above we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate lawyer to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Peruse the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms (if required)
- Draft a Statement of Truth
- Make the application to the Probate Registry on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and send The requested copies to you
- Collect and distribute up to 3 assets in the estate that may be obtained by completion of one form each.
How long will it take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 3-6 months.
Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2-3 months.
Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 3-6 weeks.
Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 3-4 weeks.